GSA Cord 2023 session on different sized and shaped plutons

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Memeti, Valbone" <vmemeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

apologies if you receive this advertisement more than once.

We invite you and your students to submit an abstract to our session
*"T14: Nature
of Magma Processes in Different Sized and Shaped Plutons" *(please see
description below) at the upcoming GSA Cordilleran Section meeting in Reno,
Nevada, May 17-19, 2023. Please go to
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2023mtg/techprog.aspx__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fJ2VFRTrfXEGK8hZksACfmvQ6DMTMzYCltnRcqjdPltDea2OM7qogS-gJy9RI7qZ1zHHhLPcualxu2c_$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2023mtg/techprog.aspx__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!em4yQrzG5Y_crsrODVREUVsqsjqctEjCLnXKPnut03AoyPNm4pGrbNCoROdISrMGCpjgHxgwnAz6QfYRdely179s$>
submit an abstract by *Feb. 14, 2023, 11:59 pm PST*.
We look forward to seeing you in Reno and hearing about your pluton studies!

Cheers,
Vali Memeti (CSU Fullerton), Cal Barnes (TTU), Jade State Lackey (Pomona
College), and Josh Schwartz (CSU Northridge)

*Session Description:* This session seeks contributions that explore the
time and length scales of magma processes from sheeted to irregular shaped
plutons of all sizes, compositions, and crustal depths to investigate their
similarities and differences. We aim to investigate the processes of
compositional hetero/homogeneities found at all analytical scales, ranging
from pluton-wide to mineral scale using petrologic, geochronologic,
structural, and modeling approaches, and beyond.
*Endorsed by GSA Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology
Division; GSA Geophysics and Geodynamics Division.*

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2