Pre-IAVCEI combined workshop: Coping with volcanic ash, gas and acid rain AND Analysing the risk for farming systems from tephra

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Carol Stewart <C.Stewart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

A virtual/remote participation option is now available for the IAVCEI
pre-conference workshop offered by the Volcanic Ashfall Impacts Working
Group. We would really welcome your virtual participation in this workshop,
even if you are not attending IAVCEI in person and even if you are not
registering for the conference. Please share this invitation with your
colleagues and students as well.

*Workshop details:*

*Title:*

*Date:*

Sunday 29 January 2023 (full day workshop)

*Aims:*

This workshop will be highly interactive. We aim to share recent case
studies on volcanic ash gas, and acid rain impacts and discuss burning
questions arising; familiarise participants with available resources and
tools and discuss future needs; identify key knowledge gaps and research
directions and plan towards addressing these; and most importantly, build
our global community of researchers and practitioners interested in
volcanic ash, gas and acid rain impacts. See here for more details:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/workshop-details__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!b5p4m2-u97uu30jfIW2pu-chQwSnd7fdNLf1qa9iXPKZ15xuAVF86f1P-IJhbfOqxZF0d1wa_COwuMBY$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/workshop-details__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!emrBVG8IeojL-VuDtuXwXmw9HjIDRN-vW0FBUAgNQBEdqEv0M6Piuhn4VsS1BMhNfgqrAoxIlE9cXhGM_FTuF7I$>

*Cost:*

$NZ 50

*Convenors:*

Natalia Deligne (HVO), Kristi Wallace (AVO), Carol Stewart (Massey
University), Heather Craig (NIWA), Noa Ligot (UC Louvain), Susanna Jenkins
(EOS). The wider advisory group includes David Damby (USGS), Graham Leonard
(GNS Science), Tom Wilson (University of Canterbury), Pierre Delmelle (UC
Louvain) and Seb Biasse (University of Geneva).

*Interested in joining us?*

Email iavcei2023@xxxxxxxxxxxx to (virtually) attend the workshop but not
the conference.

Kind regards on behalf of the convening team and we look forward to seeing
some of you in Rotorua. For those who have already registered â?? we will be
in touch soon.

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6