NASA Surface Biology and Geology (SBG) Community Workshop

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Kevin Reath <kevin.reath@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We are reaching out to the mineral spectroscopy, surface mapping, and
volcanology
communities to encourage you to attend the upcoming in-person NASA Surface
Biology and
Geology (SBG) Community Workshop in Washington, DC, on October 12-14, 2022.

FIND MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTER HERE BY SEPTEMBER 26:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sbg.jpl.nasa.gov/news-events/save-the-date-sbg-community-workshop-oct-12-14-2022__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eayr7H_xPO2_XOYaLaqRUH1nsvVZqBqa_ZVxQ8DkXXi_JLFoFqI_e3IHS30KRHqUSWthmaQY3O-_a2uc$

SBG is a satellite observing system that includes a thermal infrared (TIR)
imager and visible
shortwave infrared (VSWIR) imaging spectrometer. Both of these instruments
have reached a
critical stage in their science planning and concept design. Now is the
time for any and all
community input into this process, which will influence the prioritization
of tasks going forward
following this meeting. It is critical to have a strong geology community
presence to assure
appropriate attention is given to the requirements for future volcanology,
mapping, and
mineral spectroscopy science from this upcoming mission.

We hope that you can attend this critical meeting.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1