IAVCEI 2023 session: Source to surface magma transport, eruption processes and deposits at small-volume intraplate basaltic volcanic provinces

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "Handley, Heather (UT-ITC)" <h.k.handley@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our session "Source to
surface magma transport, eruption processes and deposits at small-volume
intraplate basaltic volcanic provinces" for the 2023 IAVCEI conference
which can be found under the theme "Using field data, geophysics,
geochemistry, statistics, and modelling to probe volcanic and plutonic
systems"

Session Outline
Understanding the sub-volcanic journey of magma from mantle source to
surface and eruption in small-volume basaltic volcanic fields is critical
for improved assessment of volcanic hazards. Magma transport pathways from
the mantle may be direct and rapid, or more complex, involving storage and
evolution and so potentially provide greater warning time of an eruption.
In this session we welcome contributions that unravel the pathways and
timescales of magma ascent and eruption dynamics at small-volume
continental basaltic â??monogeneticâ?? and â??polygeneticâ?? volcanoes. The session
covers studies utilising but not limited to: field observations and
relations in exposed plumbing systems, geophysical imaging, paleomagnetism,
the petrography and mineralogy of erupted rocks and associated xenoliths,
whole-rock geochemistry and isotopes. We welcome contributions at the scale
of single-volcanic centres to field-wide studies.

Abstract submission deadline: September 2, 2022
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/call-for-abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZcY4yYqGPsFvx46UYZnQ5CBD1q28nBEzHQDinFPx0Z_-MpaLwVA-0r45isGSKxzFbark8yEiWvXMCMeH$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/call-for-abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ys3Gt5F5788MYWXjfiW9lHFrgOvv8gjG-5QlDb0jQyrwpP7YJCwYIFKPnUjZbUAataiwWC7fQVAAUeOgdCrboMg$>

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in New Zealand!

Heather Handley, Karoly Nemeth, Rosa Didonna, Teresa Ubide, Ray Cas

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3