IAVCEI 2023 session "Processes and Products of Explosive Volcanic Eruptions"

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "Ulrich Küppers" <u.kueppers@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are looking forward to meeting many of you in Rotorua, New Zealand, to
the long-awaited IAVCEI Scientific Assembly next year. We are aware that
the upcoming deadline for abstract submission (2 September) is approaching
quickly and that you may have received several similar emails. We are
absolute sure that this conference is a pivotal event for our community and
we are inviting you to contribute to our session:

*Processes and Products of Explosive Volcanic Eruptions *(as part of the
symposium â??Eruption Triggers and Styles: From precursor to Eruptionâ??)

â??
Explosive volcanic eruptions are powerful manifestations of geologically
short-lived yet landscape-shaping events. To date, the start, duration, and
style of eruptions cannot be forecasted precisely enough to allow for
holistic hazard mitigation. Processes including shear and gas exsolution
produce significant textural changes in rising magma. Eventually, intrinsic
and extrinsic forces may fragment magma and eject clasts of variable size,
shape and nature into the atmosphere or ocean. Depending on eruption style
and ambient conditions, pyroclasts and lithics are dispersed by a plethora
of forces in eruption plumes and/or ground-hugging density currents.

As magma priming and fragmentation cannot be observed directly, improving
our understanding of explosive eruptions requires an integrative approach
including geophysical monitoring and direct observations as well as
petrological, textural and sedimentological studies. We look forward to
contributions that advance our mechanistic and quantitative understanding
of explosive eruptions through field, experimental, numerical modelling, or
analytical approaches.
â??

For info about the abstract submission process, please consult
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/call-for-abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f2mj65mnQ04qjZF55F_IGRW9V3hlCP34FaoBqCgtjxWofygW2U7qjr7QCG3QG2lSw4uoeqG58dHwRJHD$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/call-for-abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZJO_LmfShbDTkVKc4tVRZZEbaLdt8O2UABqYqwuVXlOzF0-GyX6uSKRhO-CR-tbI4Oi-E9e4gMh_N08Tr-E$>

We are looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Best regards,

Benjamin Andrews, Corrado Cimarelli, Tomaso Esposti Ongaro, Kristen Fauria,
Ulrich Kueppers

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1