Job opening, geochemist in USGS Denver TIMS and LA-ICP-MS labs

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Frazer, Ryan E" <rfrazer@xxxxxxxx>

Hello all,

The USGS Denver Radiogenic Isotope Laboratory and PlasmaLab are located in
Denver, Colorado. These isotope geochemistry laboratories analyze
radiogenic isotopes for tracer studies and geochronology (U-Th, U-Pb) for
USGS projects across the country, including geologic mapping, volcano and
earthquake hazards, water resources, and climate change research. We are
seeking an experienced laboratory geochemist to help with operations of
both labs, including upkeep, maintenance, and operation of TIMS and
LA-MC-ICP-MS instruments, clean lab chemistry, and sample preparation for a
diverse range of materials. This position will contribute to research under
many projects, in collaboration with laboratory research geologists, and
opportunities for individual research are encouraged.

We are seeking applicants with an MS degree or higher in Geology or a
closely related field (e.g., chemistry, physics, engineering, geography,
hydrology), or a minimum of a Bachelorâ??s degree and two years of relevant
graduate coursework (36 semester hours, 54 quarter hours, or equivalent).
Previous laboratory experience in geochemistry/isotope geochemistry is
preferred.

The job listing is currently open
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://go.usa.gov/xzrkZ__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Lf194nB0Czuv9Av063FiTUgmO6NxwK_Kh0dW2cF6ITT1ELpniipLI6muyrJKhKI$>
and
accepting applications (here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://go.usa.gov/xzrkZ__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Mxu0aIM4Pli_WehFXU0Ab7VwhxeRuOUe0z8aVtR5nG8UdOunj-YrJKtj8Vv_TNM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://go.usa.gov/xzrkZ__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Lf194nB0Czuv9Av063FiTUgmO6NxwK_Kh0dW2cF6ITT1ELpniipLI6muyrJKhKI$>);
although the listing says it is open until March 11, it will likely close
sooner than that once we have received 75 applications. If you are
interested, I encourage you to apply for this opportunity soon! If you have
questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me <rfrazer@xxxxxxxx>, Adam
Hudson
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.usgs.gov/staff-profiles/adam-m-hudson?qt-staff_profile_science_products=0*qt-staff_profile_science_products__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Lf194nB0Czuv9Av063FiTUgmO6NxwK_Kh0dW2cF6ITT1ELpniipLI6muA_ZZjOg$>,
or Kate Souders
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.usgs.gov/staff-profiles/kate-souders__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Lf194nB0Czuv9Av063FiTUgmO6NxwK_Kh0dW2cF6ITT1ELpniipLI6mulnPnUQ8$>
.

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5