Goldschmidt 2022 2e: Hydrogen in the Earth's Interior

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Lily Thompson <ecthomps@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings colleagues (and apologies for cross-posting),

The deadline for abstract submission to the Goldschmidt meeting is quickly
approaching (1 March, 23:59 HST)! We invite your last-minute submissions to
our session:

*2e:  Hydrogen in the Earth's Interior
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3268__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OenNJLeCx9i4y_O2HX9HzVB8Pk43yTzC57bLIk_xfq6-74DcT8-5MGbUqoSc7hc$>
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3268__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!NvtnhXeQVqYs276l4D3DsRIzBM1o96cS1IHrZwd-P9LX_Xw5TYGJDp2b9Iljd7g$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3268__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OenNJLeCx9i4y_O2HX9HzVB8Pk43yTzC57bLIk_xfq6-74DcT8-5MGbUqoSc7hc$>)*

At the extreme pressures and temperatures of the deep Earth, hydrogen and
hydrogen-bearing phases are expected to exhibit novel physical and chemical
properties. The increased activity of hydrogen at extreme conditions
profoundly influences chemical reactions inside the planet, and hydrogen
and hydrogen-bearing phases have an outsized influence on the physical,
geochemical, and geodynamical processes that shape our planet. This session
will cover topics such as hydrogen storage in mantle minerals, the
discovery of new high-pressure and high-temperature hydrogen-bearing
phases, high-temperature and high-pressure chemical reactions involving
hydrogen in planetary interiors, hydrogen diffusion and cycling in the deep
Earth, and the interplay between deep Earth hydrogen and geophysical and
geochemical regions and/or processes. We invite contributions from across
all domains of planetary and Earth sciences including, but not limited to,
analytical geochemistry, experimental petrology, mineral physics, rock
mechanics, and numerical modeling.

*Provisional Keynote speaker: *
Riko Iizuka-Oku, Harvard University and University of Tokyo

*Organizers:*
Lily Thompson, Sewanee:  The University of the South
Jin Liu, Center for High Pressure Science &Technology Advanced Research

Goldschmidt, which will be held virtually and in-person in Honolulu,
Hawaiʻi from July 10-15th, 2022. Additional information about the
conference, including abstract submission links and registration fees, is
on the Goldschmidt website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!NvtnhXeQVqYs276l4D3DsRIzBM1o96cS1IHrZwd-P9LX_Xw5TYGJDp2bM63I8EA$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OenNJLeCx9i4y_O2HX9HzVB8Pk43yTzC57bLIk_xfq6-74DcT8-5MGbUxhh3uuk$>

Thanks, and we look forward to a great meeting with diverse abstracts!

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4