EGU Session GD6/GMPV8: Igneous intrusions and induced host rock deformation as probes of the Earth crust rheology

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Olivier Galland <olivier.galland@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to a new EGU session co-organized by
GD6/GMPV8:

TS11.2
*Igneous intrusions and induced host rock deformation as probes of the
Earth crust rheology*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU22/session/42351__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MMQxq6mBRZyF0aLmKIDYD7uXU7blOVeya2RizG65SUZb8r90BaD735wkzSriUDE$>
Convener: Olivier Galland | Co-conveners: Janine Kavanagh, Alberto Ceccato

With this session, we aim at gathering geoscientists from the communities
on volcanic plumbing systems and tectonics/structural geology, in order
to look for novel cross-disciplinary approach on (1) how to use active or
exhumed igneous intrusions to constrain the rheology of the mid- and lower
crust, and (2) using this new knowledge to constrain the mechanics of
magma emplacement in the deep crust. Note that the initial
session description focuses on mid- to lower-crustal levels, however we
also welcome and encourage contributions addressing igneous intrusions in
the upper crust. The aim of the session is to create exploratory and
stimulating discussions across disciplines on a novel topic and look at
igneous intrusions from a different perspective.

We welcome contributions that include, among others, the following topics:
- Advanced structural geology of ductile rocks;
- Magma emplacement processes;
- Physics of fluid intrusion in host rocks of complex rheology;
- Volcano geophysics and geodesy;
- Rock mechanics;
- Rheology of magmas.

*Keynote speaker*: Uchitha Nissanka (Monash University)

Our session is planned as a virtual session which allows everyone to
participate to the EGU General Assembly during these uncertain times.
More information on the meeting format for EGU 2022 can be found here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://egu22.eu/about/provisional_meeting_format.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MMQxq6mBRZyF0aLmKIDYD7uXU7blOVeya2RizG65SUZb8r90BaD735wkthJRcmw$>
.

Please be reminded of the following important deadlines
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://egu22.eu/about/deadlines_and_milestones.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MMQxq6mBRZyF0aLmKIDYD7uXU7blOVeya2RizG65SUZb8r90BaD735wknXnPnfk$>
:
- Deadline for abstract submissions: *January 12th, 2022*
- Early-registration/letters of invitation/childcare requests: *February
28th, 2022*

We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts and are eager to make
this an exciting session once again!

Kind regards,

Olivier Galland
Janine Kavanagh