GSA 2021 session on open-system magma processes

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Jenna Adams <adams1@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce our GSA 2021 technical session titled: T23. The
How, When, Where, and Why of Open-System Magma Processes. We are very much
looking forward to seeing many of you in person in Portland, OR (October
10-13, 2021)

We encourage you to consider submitting an abstract to our session!

The focus of this session is to bring together petrologists, mineralogists,
geochemists, geochronologists, and magma dynamicists who have insight into
the *how* (how are open-system magma signatures imparted?), *when *(chronology
of these processes), *where* (mantle; lower, middle, upper crust), and *why*
 (what initiates open-system processes?) of open-system magma processes
(e.g., magma recharge, assimilation, stoping, fractional crystallization,
transport). We also seek to better understand why the spatiotemporal record
of open-system processes is different among magma systems on Earth and
other planetary bodies.

We hope to get a mix of studies that employ a variety of techniques such as
analytical geochemistry, experiments, geophysics, and computational
modeling.

The abstract submission deadline is July 20th.

Go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2021/program/technical__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!IvVneK2e2LsjuoOhueQohoKbNenAHxK1fvBtvoidvTF_Ebwb-D_c5F1ZrCgGLbM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2021/program/technical__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!PuO7kXSh2Jhf9wOB9BHlN29zZceI9sxobtHENHL23M6gxGjlyN0812RRh6YDVMo$>
 to start the abstract submission process.

Invited Speakers: To be announced soonâ?¦

We hope to see you in Portland!

Regards,

The conveners:

Jenna V Adams (Colorado School of Mines)

Valerie Strasser (Colorado School of Mines)

Wendy A Bohrson (Colorado School of Mines)

Frank J Spera (University of California Santa Barbara)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1