AGU 2020: V028 - Volcanic hazards: from monitoring to impacts

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

we invite you to submit an abstract to the session we are organizing within
the next AGU Fall Meeting, that this year will be mostly virtual from 7-11
December.

*Session V028 | Volcanic hazards: from monitoring to impacts*Volcanic
eruptions are characterized by multiple hazards that must each be
recognized and assessed in order to mitigate their impacts. Quantifying
volcanic hazards by combining satellite data and numerical modelling finds
immediate application to the real-time monitoring of eruptive events. By
monitoring, we mean here both following the manifestations of the eruption
once it has started, as well as forecasting the areas potentially
threatened by hazardous phenomena producing different scenarios as eruptive
conditions change. Real-time monitoring and modelling of hazardous
phenomena are powerful tools also to assess and mitigate the associated
impacts. Today a satellite-driven modelling strategy able to give during an
eruption the current state of the activity, the probable evolution of
hazardous phenomena and the potential impact scenario is realistic. We
welcome contributions showing effective ways to integrate remote sensing
observations and numerical models for a reliable assessment of volcanic
hazards and their impacts, particularly during on-going eruptions.

The link for the abstract submission is
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/105138. The deadline is
*Wednesday, 29 July.*

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3