AGU 2020: Session S018 - New Results, New Methods and New Technology in Ocean-Bottom Seismology

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Francisco Núñez Cornú" <pacornu77@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to submit your 2020 AGU Fall Meeting abstracts to our session
on Ocean-Bottom Seismology. This session will bring together scientists
studying problems in oceanography and solid earth geophysics, as well as
the methods and instruments that enable this research. Session details
below.

AG2020: Session S018 - New Results, New Methods and New Technology in
Ocean-Bottom Seismology

The field of Ocean Bottom Seismology is rapidly growing. Both passive and
active seismic studies require a significant economic investment but
provide expanded insights into the planet. Seafloor sensors have been used
to extend seismic monitoring beyond historical land-based networks, as well
as for structural and geodynamic studies, and to explore the genesis of
oceanic contributions to seismic wavefields. Institutional resources as
well as instrument pools have facilitated numerous experiments using
temporary OBS networks throughout the worldâ??s oceans, and these continue to
be deployed. Semi-permanent OBS networks such as those in Japan or Cascadia
offer the opportunity to make seafloor seismic observations over extended
time scales, providing potentially new observables for dynamic signatures
sometimes not perceived in shorter-term deployments. We invite
contributions covering all aspects of seafloor seismology, both new
scientific results and new technological breakthroughs for instrumentation,
communications and deployment.

Conveners:

Dr. Francisco Javier Núñez Cornú; SisvOc, Universidad de Guadalajara.
pacornu77@xxxxxxxxx

Dr. Charlotte A. Rowe; Los Alamos National Laboratory USA. char@xxxxxxxx

Dr. Nathaniel J. Lindsey, Stanford University. nlindsey@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Susan Bilek, Earth and Environmental Dept. New Mexico Tech
Susan.Bilek@xxxxxxx

 We also invite you to participate or collaborate in our Frontiers Research
Topic Volume "Ocean Bottom Seismology", whose deadline to submit abstracts
is July 31, 2020 and manuscripts January 30, 2021.

For more information, do not hesitate to contact any of the Guest Editors

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2