New EGU GMPV webinar series (also sign up for talks!)

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Emily Mason <em572@xxxxxxxxx>

New Early Career Scientist ZOOM seminar series starts on Monday 29 June at
4pm CEST - PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

The European Geoscience Unionâ??s division for Geochemistry, Mineralogy,
Petrology and Volcanology is delighted to invite you to our first ever
webinar, with contributions spanning the whole range of topics encompassed
by the GMPV division. The webinar will be hosted on zoom at 16:00 Central
European Summer Time (CEST), on Monday 29th June. There will be four
presentations, each around 10 minutes long, with time for questions â?? the
whole webinar will last approximately one hour.

To attend, please register here
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0tcO2qqTkoHd0LRfKFkCbJ0fHnqSSPwlMO> ahead
of time (please feel free to register even if you canâ??t attend the first
one - you can also sign up for emails about future talks when you register).

The exciting talks in this inaugural session are:

   - Bruna Carvalho (Post-doc at the University of Padova): Fate of COH
   fluid inclusions in granulites: new perspectives and changes in paradigm
   - Jessica Pugsley (PhD student at the University of Aberdeen): The
   application of virtual outcrop in volcanic settings
   - Alex Lipp (Post-doc at Imperial College, London): The origin and
   alteration of the continental crust from novel analysis of major element
   data
   - Alexandra Demers-Roberge (PhD student at the University of Lausanne): Fast
   hydrogen loss from orthopyroxene

The second webinar is scheduled for 10:00 CEST on the 14th July, further
information will be coming soon!

We want to hear talks about every niche of geochemistry, mineralogy,
petrology and volcanology! Our focus is on promoting the voices and
research of early career scientists but we would be delighted to hear from
established academics too. It is also extremely important to us to have as
diverse speakers and attendees as possible â?? from all countries and
backgrounds. If you are interested in giving a talk, we encourage you to
sign up at the following link: https://forms.gle/LeiNVEGL1MRV7Thn7

Please email any questions to Emily Mason at ecs-gmpv@xxxxxx.

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3