Special Issue: Present and Past Submarine Volcanic Activity

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Alessandra Pensa <alessandra.pensa@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Special Issue: Present and Past Submarine Volcanic Activity

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/geosciences/special_issues/Submarine_Volcanic

Guest Editor: *Dr. Riccardo De Ritis, Dr. Salvatore Passaro and Dr.
Alessandra Pensa*

Submission Deadline: *25 March 2021*

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a Special Issue that may be of interest to you. As **Guest
Editor**, I cordially invite you to submit a paper for consideration and
possible publication in a Special Issue on * Present and Past Submarine
Volcanic Activity * ([
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/geosciences/special_issues/Submarine_Volcanic])
to be published in **Geosciences** (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/geosciences),
an open access journal on geoscience, future earth and planetary science,
published monthly online by MDPI, indexed by *Scopus* (citescore 1.82) and
*ESCI* (Web of Science).

Most of the volcanic activity on the Earth occurs in marine and submarine
environments remaining almost unexplored. In the last several decades,
development and advances in exploration geophysics shed new light on the
submerged portion of volcanic islands and deep-seated volcanoes allowing to
develop 2â??3D geological models of the volcanic structures which would
otherwise be unreachable.

This Special Issue of Geosciences aims to gather new contributions about
underwater investigations and to describe new approaches and results. The
collection of different works with new ideas will enhance and update our
knowledge of marine and submarine volcanoes. New research on these topics
is welcome.

Since I am personally inviting you as feature author, your paper will be
offered a 50% discount (the Article Processing Charge (APC) is 1000 CHF
before July. After July, it would be 1200 CHF) if accepted after peer
review. Furthermore, a *Review* Article is encouraged and it will be
published in the Special Issue *free of charge* if receiving positive
feedback. We hope you find this topic of interest and choose to publish
your work in *Geosciences*. If you could let us know within a week or so,
it would greatly help the management of the Special Issue.

We would also appreciate if you could forward this to your team members and
colleagues who may also be interested in the topic.

Thank you for your consideration and please contact us if you have any
questions or suggestions.

*Dr. Riccardo De Ritis,* *Dr. Salvatore Passaro and Dr. Alessandra Pensa*

Guest Editors of Special Issue â??Present and past Submarine Volcanic
Activityâ??