Goldschmidt 2020 - Session 03f on the Lithospheric Mantle

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Sarah Lambart <sarah.lambart@xxxxxxxx>

Dear  Colleagues and Friends,

We invite everyone interested in the properties of the lithospheric mantle
and its link with the asthenosphere to submit an abstract in our *session
03f: "The Lithospheric Mantle as Earthâ??s Link between Surface and Deep
Processes"*. We would love to get a mix of experimental works, geochemical
and geophysical models and studies of natural samples.

We are also very happy to announce that the keynote speaker for this
session is *Sylvie Demouchy* (University of Montpellier, CNRS) and that we
have two invited speakers: *Cailey Condit * (University of Washington)
and *Allessio
Sanfilippo* (University of Pavia).

The detailed description of the session is below. The abstract submission
deadline is February 14th.

See you in Hawai'i!

The conveners:
Sarah Lambart (University of Utah)
Jessica Warren (University of Delaware)
Othmar Müntener (Lausanne University)

*session description*: Lithospheric plates are the critical link between
Earthâ??s surface and interior processes. Key questions are about the
formation of the vertical boundaries that define plate edges, and the base
of the plate, where the lithosphere-asthenosphere transition occurs.
Solving these questions is critical for an advanced understanding of the
secular evolution of the Earth system. We welcome contributions from
petrology, geochemistry, microstructure analysis, geophysics, and
geodynamic modeling that help to build a unified view on the dynamic
evolution of the lithosphere. Possible topics include, but are not limited
to, the scale and distribution of heterogeneities in the lithospheric
mantle, properties of the lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary, rifting
initiation, and lithosphere recycling and its dynamic implications.

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/