AGU 2019 session: Glaciovolcanism: Recent Advances in Understanding the Interaction of Glaciers and Volcanoes

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Lamb, Oliver Dalkeith" <olamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite abstract submissions to the 2019 AGU Fall Meeting
session entitled â??Glaciovolcanism: Recent Advances in Understanding the
Interaction of Glaciers and Volcanoesâ??. We are looking for contributions
that explore this topic from a variety of perspectives, including
geophysical studies, experimental and numerical simulations, field studies,
geochemical studies, and others. Please see below for more details of the
session:

*V023 - Glaciovolcanism: Recent Advances in Understanding the Interaction
of Glaciers and Volcanoes*

Conveners: Oliver Lamb (UNC at Chapel Hill), Eva Eibl (University of
Potsdam), Benjamin Edwards (Dickinson College), Alison Graettinger
(University of Missouri-Kansas City)

*Ice-capped volcanoes can be found all over the Earth as well as on
extra-terrestrial bodies. Interactions between glaciers and volcanoes have
generated a wide range of hazards, including lava flows, ash plumes,
pyroclastic density currents, lahars, and glacial outburst floods. However,
these interactions remain poorly understood due to the remoteness of
glacio-volcanic regions. Thus, there is a present need for an integrative
session to stimulate the discussion of processes and implications of
volcano-ice interactions. We invite contributions that include new
observations and interpretations from studies of current, recent and past
glaciovolcanism on Earth and other planetary bodies. Research from a wide
spectrum of fields will be welcome, including but not limited to: hazard
mitigation, geophysical studies, experimental and numerical simulations,
field outcrop studies, and remote sensing observations.*

Link to the session:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/72938

We look forward to meeting many of you in San Francisco in December.

Best regards,

Oliver Lamb, Eva Eibl, Benjamin Edwards, Alison Graettinger

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/
IAVCEI - http://www.iavcei.org/

signoff volcano
to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 27 Jun 2019 to 1 Jul 2019 (#2019-51)