August 12-26, 2019 field trip to Kamchatka

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Pavel Izbekov <peizbekov@xxxxxxxxxx>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Dear friends and colleagues,

We have a few vacancies available in our 2019 Kamchatka group. The annual
field trip to Mutnovsky and Gorely Volcanoes is organized jointly by the
University of Alaska Fairbanks and the Institute of Volcanology and
Seismology of Russian Academy of Sciences. This is a good opportunityto
learn about volcanic processes while exploring two active arc volcanoes -
Mutnovsky and Gorely, featuring a wide range of volcanic deposits, from
ignimbrites of caldera-forming eruptions to lavas and tephra fall deposits.
Students will receive 3 hours of undergraduate or graduate credit through
UAF. Detailed information on the trip is available at
*https://www.uaf.edu/geology/academics/international-volcanology/*
<https://www.uaf.edu/geology/academics/international-volcanology/>. Interested
students are encouraged to contact us promptly as we need to start visa
paperwork shortly.

Thank you!

Pavel

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/