Call for abstracts, IUGG Montréal 2019 : V19 – Experimental Volcanology Approach to Investigate Magma Generation, Ascent and Eruption

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Claudia Romano <claudia.romano@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts to our session

*V19 â?? Experimental Volcanology Approach to Investigate Magma Generation,
Ascent and Eruption*

that will be held at the 27th IUGG General Assembly in Montréal (Canada)
from 8 to 18 July 2019.

Volcanic eruptions vary tremendously in style, scale, duration and
frequency. What are the parameters controlling the occurrence and the
nature of a certain eruption at a specific time and place? What are the
physical and chemical processes leading to volcanic eruption from magma
generation and rise, to transport along the conduit, to fragmentation and
flow? Laboratory studies can help single out important aspects of very
complex processes. In this symposium, we invite the experimental
volcanology community to contribute to and discuss the critical issues that
we face today. In this view, we welcome innovative and
multidisciplinarycontributions
from experimental volcanologists and petrologists who use novel and
advanced techniques to unravel magma chamber and eruptive processes and
their timescales.

More information and abstract submission at:
http://iugg2019montreal.com/v.html
http://iugg2019montreal.com/abstract-submission.html

Please, consider that abstract submission deadline is *18 February 2019*.

Thank you for sending your research and contributing to this topic.

We hope to see you in Montréal!

Claudia Romano, Kelly Russell, Satoshi Okumura, Diego Perugini, Alessandro
Vona

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/