LASI6 meeting (Laccoliths, Sills and Dykes) - First announcement

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Olivier Galland <olivier.galland@xxxxxxxxxx>

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the sixth LASI meeting on â??The Physical
Geology of Subvolcanic Systems: Laccoliths, Sills and Dykes" is planned to
take place in Argentina, more precisely in the northern Neuquén Basin,
southern Mendoza province. The provisional dates of the meeting will
be the *25-26th
November 2019*. The LASI6 meeting intends to gather the research community
addressing the shallow volcanic plumbing systems through distinct and
complementary methods and approaches. We are inviting contributions
related, but not restricted, to the following topics:

   - Emplacement processes of laccoliths, sills, dykes and plutons;
   - Volcanic plumbing systems in active volcanic areas;
   - Field observations, geophysics, laboratory, numerical and theoretical
   modelling;
   - Magma-sediment interactions: contact aureoles, magma contamination,
   phreatomagmatic activity and hydrothermal venting, and climate implications;
   - Economic geology and subvolcanic systems: hydrocarbons, shale gas,
   water and ore deposits;
   - The plumbing systems of mud volcanoes and their analogies to igneous
   plumbing systems.

The meeting will be followed by a three-day field trip in the amazing
geology and wonderful landscapes of the Neuquén Andes (*27-29th November
2019*).

For more information, please visit the webpage of the LASI6 meeting:
www.lasi6.org. You can also follow the planning and the most recent updates
of the meeting on the ResearchGate page of the meeting (
https://www.researchgate.net/project/LASI6-Physical-Geology-of-Subvolcanic-Systems-Laccoliths-Sills-and-Dykes)
and on our Facebook page, the link of which is found here:
http://lasi6.org/contact/. Do not hesitate to â??Like" the Facebook page, so
that the information of the LASI6 meeting reaches out as many colleagues as
possible! Please transfer the information to your potentially interested
colleagues and students.

Best regards, and looking forward to seeing many of you in Argentina in
November 2019!

Olivier Galland
On behalf of my co-organizers: J. Mescua, K. Mair, O. Palma, H.A. Leanza

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/
IAVCEI - http://www.iavcei.org/