VOLCANO: COV10 Call for Abstracts- S2.11 | Assessing the impact of volcanic risk reduction activities: Are we achieving our goals?

From: Gari Mayberry <gmayberry@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: COV10 Call for Abstracts- S2.11 | Assessing the impact of volcanic risk reduction activities: Are we achieving our goals?

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the following session at the Cities on Volcanoes 10 conference to be held in Naples, Italy, 2 – 7 September 2018:

S2.11 | Assessing the impact of volcanic risk reduction activities: Are we achieving our goals?

The volcano community has conducted activities related to reducing volcanic risk for

decades, yet questions remain about how to assess, monitor, and evaluate whether

the work that has been done is achieving the goal of reducing risk. Quantifying the

impact of risk reduction activities can be challenging, but is necessary to better

understand the outcome of activities and to apply lessons learned to improve

activities and programming. In this session we will discuss various efforts to measure

volcanic risk reduction, whether through research, assessments, systematic data

collection, technical assistance, or capacity-building efforts. In addition, we will

share best practices on how progress is being measured towards reaching goals.

We invite submissions from a variety of implementers ranging from those who are

addressing measuring project impact through informal means, such as periodic self

evaluations, to those conducting more formal endeavors, like systematic monitoring

and evaluation plans with indicators to measure progress towards meeting objectives.

Our ultimate goal is to learn if our activities are reaching the appropriate people and

to learn from each other various ways to measure and quantify our progress towards

reducing the risk from volcanoes.

Please note the abstract deadline is now 18 May 2018For more information, please visit: www.citiesonvolcanoes10.com