VOLCANO: COV10 Early-Career Workshop W.1: Forming and enhancing partnerships between scientists and stakeholders

From: "Dietterich, Hannah" <hdietterich@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: COV10 Early-Career Workshop W.1: Forming and enhancing partnerships between scientists and stakeholders

Dear Colleagues,

Don't forget to register for our 1-day pre-meeting workshop at COV10 especially for early-career attendees by June 15The workshop will be held on September 2, 2018 and attendance is free.

W.1 | Early-Career Workshop: Forming and enhancing partnerships between scientists and stakeholders

Early-career attendees to Cities on Volcanoes 10 reside at the nexus between volcano science and society. Working in this area requires cooperation and communication between scientists and the emergency managers, governments, critical infrastructure, communities, and other stakeholders living around volcanoes. In this workshop, we seek to help early-career attendees develop their network and skills to support and join in these partnerships. We will discuss advice and opportunities for career and research program development around improving communication with stakeholders and resilience to volcanic hazards. The workshop may include a volcano unrest crisis simulation, strategies for networking, communication across the scientist- stakeholder divide, and other topics of interest. We encourage attendance by early- career scientists and stakeholders of all backgrounds.

https://www.citiesonvolcanoes10.com/w-1/

Conveners:
Hannah Dietterich, Carina Fearnley, James Muller, and Oryaëlle Chevrel
IAVCEI Early-Career Researchers Network (ECR-Net) and the Cities and Volcanoes Commission