VOLCANO: MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS 2018

From: "mgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS 2018

Dear colleagues,

It's my pleasure to announce the 19th edition of the MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS workshop that will be held in Munich, Germany, from 2 through 6 July 2018.

The course is composed of theoretical lectures and lab tours. During the lectures, we will discuss the state-of-the-art knowledge on silicate melts and how it can be applied to magmatic processes. During the lab tours, the participants will be introduced to measurement techniques and sample analysis. The level is for geoscientists with some background in silicate melts and volcanology. We will incur a registration fee that depends on your scientific status. The registration fee includes course materials, coffee, tea and cookies as well as one icebreaking dinner. Please be advised that travel and housing is not included in the registration fee. For further info, please contact dingwell@xxxxxx

More info will be available soon at  http://www.mineralogie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/aktuelles/mgm2/index.html

Best regards, Ulrich Kueppers