VOLCANO: Goldschmidt 2018 Special session: Basalt, Granite and Lunar Rocks: A Celebration of J.M. Rhodes’ 80th Birthday

From: Michael Garcia <mogarcia@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Goldschmidt 2018 Special session: Basalt, Granite and Lunar Rocks: A Celebration of J.M. Rhodes’ 80th Birthday

Basalt, Granite and Lunar Rocks: A Celebration of J.M. Rhodes’ 80th Birthday

Organizers:  Michael Garcia, U. of Hawaii; Fred Frey, MIT; Dominique Weis, UBC; Bill White, Cornell U.

This session will celebration the 80th birthday of J.M. Rhodes (Aug. 2018), who has a long and distinguished career that started with mapping and analyzing granites in Australia, moved to the USA with the NASA program to work on Lunar rocks, and culminated with influential studies of MORB and, particularly, Hawaiian volcanoes. Many of the seminal papers that have advanced our understanding of the geochemistry of these iconic volcanoes were build upon the foundations laid by J. M. Rhodes. This session solicits presentations on any of these topics and geoanalytical instrumentation.

Go to the Goldschmidt website to submit your abstract.

https://goldschmidt.info/2018/abstracts

The abstract deadline is March 30 but don't delay in submitting your abstract.

We look forward to seeing you in Boston, and to raising a beer with you to toast and roast our dear friend Mike