VOLCANO: 2018 field trips to Katmai and Kamchatka

From: Pavel Izbekov <peizbekov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2018 field trips to Katmai and Kamchatka

Dear friends and colleagues,

We would like to invite you to our annual field trips at active volcanoes of Alaska and Kamchatka, part of the International Volcanological Field School. The trips are scheduled for the following dates.

Katmai, Alaska: June 3-16, 2018
Mutnovsky & Gorely, Kamchatka: August 6-20, 2018

The trips are best suited for graduate and undergraduate students interested in volcanology and prepared for strenuous field works in harsh environment. Detailed information and application forms are available at

http://www.uaf.edu/geology/academics/international-volcanology/

Additional information can be found at our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/volcanoschool/

Applications are accepted on the continuous basis until all vacancies are filled. Please share this information with students, who might be interested in joining us.

US students coming with us to Kamchatka will be able to take an advantage of the direct flight between Alaska and Kamchatka. Students may also choose to participate in the 2018 JKASP meeting, which will be conducted immediately after our return to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky from Mutnovsky & Gorely Volcanoes (http://www.kscnet.ru/ivs/eng/index.php).

Thank you!

Pavel Izbekov