VOLCANO: AGU Chapman Conference on Stratospheric aerosol in the post-Pinatubo era: Processes, Interactions, and Importance

From: Alan Robock <robock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AGU Chapman Conference on Stratospheric aerosol in the post-Pinatubo era: Processes, Interactions, and Importance

Greetings,

This is a reminder that the race for the abstract submission for the AGU Chapman Conference on Stratospheric aerosol in the post-Pinatubo era: Processes, Interactions, and Importance is a sprint with the deadline on November 8th! The AGU has put together a superb meeting for March 18th to 23rd with a lovely venue at the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain. The web site can be found at http://chapman.agu.org/stratospheric-aerosol/

We are sorry for the short time constant for abstracts but we nonetheless think we have the makings of a great meeting. We have some excellent Keynote and Invited Speakers arranged including:

Marc von Hobe on Do we understand the sources of stratospheric sulfur?

Nick Krotkov on SO2 emissions from erupting and degassing volcanoes and anthropogenic sources

Stefan Borrmann on Exchange between upper tropospheric and lower stratospheric aerosol

Michael Hoepfner on Gas phase measurements of stratospheric sulfur

Christian von Savigny on Comparing aerosol measurements of the post-Pinatubo era from different platforms

Tom Peter on  The basis and development of the CMIP6 stratospheric aerosol climatology

Michael Sigl on Paleoclimate reconstructions of volcanism. How common is the current period in terms of volcanic activity?

Anja Schmidt on Comparison of models and measurements in the post-Pinatubo era

Ben Santer on Changes in stratospheric composition and impact on chemistry and climate - The role of volcanic aerosol on global temperature trends

Brian Toon on Impact of stratospheric aerosol on future climate and possible feedbacks