VOLCANO: 2017 AGU Fall Meeting Session - session V008

From: Francesco Vetere <francesco.vetere@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2017 AGU Fall Meeting Session - session V008

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our session V008 at this year's 2017 AGU Fall Meeting (December 11-15, New Orleans, USA):

Processes of Magma Crystallization from Depth to Surface
"The origin of magmatic _expression_ as well as the link between volcanic eruptions, mantle source regions and magma migration is usually investigated using geochemical, geophysical, and remote sensing methods. These data are often complemented by laboratory experiments.
We propose a broad session dealing with magmatic processes, merging insights from field work with experimental results and theoretical approaches. We welcome studies on texture and chemistry of rocks and minerals as well as experimental studies on decompression and cooling induced bubble and mineral nucleation and growth. We aim to attract scientists investigating magma dynamics, including studies on changes in magma rheology induced by minerals and volatiles behaviors, magma/lava solidification, and kinetic processes during magma ascent to the surface."

Invited speakers: Terry Plank (Columbia University, New York, USA) and Céline Vidal (University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK)

Abstract submission deadline is August 2nd, 2017!

Further details can be found on the conference website
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session23905

We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts and to seeing you in person at our session V008 in New Orleans.

Kind regards,

Francesco Vetere, University of Perugia, Italy (francesco.vetere@unipg.it)
Adrian Fiege, American Museum of Natural History, USA (afiege@xxxxxxxx)
Olivier Namur, KU Leuven, Belgium (onamur@xxxxxxxxx)