VOLCANO: 2017 AGU Fall Meeting Session - PA014: Immersive and Engaging Experiences in the Geosciences

From: Jill Shipman <jsshipman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2017 AGU Fall Meeting Session - PA014: Immersive and Engaging Experiences in the Geosciences

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to our multidisciplinary session at AGU 2017 in New Orleans, December 11 - 15, 2017.

PA014: Immersive and Engaging Experiences in the Geosciences

 https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session26564

How can we create a passionate reaction to our scientific work that stimulates the mind, stirs the emotions, and promotes action in geoscience stewardship? Shifting perspectives on the role of the arts in understanding and communicating geosciences, coupled with exciting developments in technology, has led to a wide-range of possibilities for engagement. In this session, we aim to bring immediacy to the geosciences in meaningful and impactful ways by focusing on three themes: the artistic approach (including visual and performing arts), the facilities (including art galleries, decision theaters, museums, and planetariums), and the technology (including virtual and augmented reality). We invite contributions at all stages of development and across our themes from artists, designers, filmmakers, educators, scientists, and software developers alike. We encourage interactive presentations where possible. Come meet like-minded innovators exploring the arts-geosciences spectrum and the application of emerging technologies to immersive experiences.

We are excited to be offering this as an eLightning Session, a new format for interactive and multimedia electronic presentations that facilitate in-depth discussions. To learn more about this format please visit https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2017/alternate-session-formats/.

Please note as we are in Public Affairs you may submit an abstract to this session in addition to your regular scientific session.

Conveners: Jill Shipman, Pips Veazey, Susan Eriksson, and Peter Webley

Abstract submission deadline: 2 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT

We look forward to seeing you there,

Jill Shipman