VOLCANO: Cities and Volcano Commission of IAVCEI - membership update

From: Thomas Wilson <thomas.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.nz>
Subject: Cities and Volcano Commission of IAVCEI - membership update

Hi all,

The Cities and Volcanoes (CaV) Commission of IAVCEI aims to provide a linkage between the volcanology community and emergency managers, to serve as a conduit for exchange of ideas and experience between "volcano cities", and promote multi-disciplinary applied research, involving the collaboration of physical and social scientists and city officials.  More information about the Cities and Volcanoes Commission can be found here: https://vhub.org/groups/cav/

The CaV Commission is checking and updating its membership list in preparation for an election of the Commission Executive.  We aim to hold the election prior to the IAVCEI Scientific Assembly in Portland in August this year.

We have moved the CaV Commission website and associated membership list to VHub.  The list of CaV members on the VHub group will be the primary way for managing CaV Commission membership going forward.

So if you are or would like to be a member of the CaV Commission, then please join the CaV group on VHub, by following this link: https://vhub.org/groups/cav/.  You will need to register as a VHub user, if you haven’t already.

If you have any questions or would like assistance with any of this, please just let me know.

Many thanks,

Tom Wilson, Secretary for Cities and Volcanoes Commission, IAVCEI