VOLCANO: NO COST pre-IAVCEI workshop for Early Career Researchers

From: "Poland, Michael" <mpoland@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: NO COST pre-IAVCEI workshop for Early Career Researchers

Dear colleagues,

If you are an Early Career Researcher (within 10 years of your terminal degree) and planning to attend the IAVCEI Scientific Assembly this August in Portland, Oregon, please read on!

A pre-meeting workshop will be offered on the Sunday afternoon prior to the start of the conference.

"Navigating the Publication Process: Best Publishing Practices in Volcanology and the Physical Sciences for Early-Career Scientists"

This workshop explores the publication process from how to put ideas into a coherent form and make your science “pop”, to how to be a constructive reviewer. Best practices will be highlighted, pitfalls will be identified, and philosophies will be discussed. We are also planning interactive panel-led discussions.

Thanks to some generous sponsors, we are able to offer this workshop at NO COST!  Given this development, we have decided to keep the registration for the workshop open so that interested attendees can still sign up.

If you would like to take part in the workshop, please go to http://iavcei2017.org/preB_1.html and click on the "please sign up here" link to fill in the required information (it will take approximately 2 minutes).  The link will remain active until at least July 1.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact the workshop organizers, Shan de Silva (desilvas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and Nancy Riggs (nancy.riggs@xxxxxxx).

Hope to see you in Portland!