VOLCANO: 4th International Volcano Geology Workshop, October 8-14, 2017, Romania

from:szakacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  4th International Volcano Geology Workshop, October 8-14, 2017, Romania

Dear All,

We invite you to attend the 4th international Volcano Geology workshop to
be held in Eastern Transylvania, Romania, October 8-14, 2017, organized
by the Institute of Geodynamics, Romanian Academy, Bucharest, under the
auspices of the IAVCEI Commission on Volcano Geology.

The main target of our Workshop is to cope with the challenge of mapping
in poorly-exposed volcanic areas, to discuss, illustrate and make progress
of mapping approaches and methodology. Too, our workshop intends to shift
the volcano mapping topic’s target area from active/recent volcanoes to
older extinct volcanoes, e.g., of Miocene to Pleistocene age in our case.

Workshop format.

Following the Sicily/Aeolian Islands 3rd Volcano Geology Workshop as a
successful model, we propose our workshop to be a fieldtrip-based one. It
will include one day of presentations and 5 days of field-trip activities.

Participants.

According to the IAVCEI rules, only registered IAVCEI members with
currently paid member fees are accepted to the Workshop.
For logistical reasons, the number of participants to this workshop is
limited to 50. Therefore, please notice your intention to participate as
early as possible.

Early Registration deadline is May 31, 2017.

For all details related to Registration (fees and modalities), daily
workshop program, Abstract submission, venue and logistic information)
please visit the official Workshop Website at

http://www.geodin.ro/4th-international-volcano-geology-workshop/

and/or contact one of the Organizers for any other workshop-related
inquiries or questions:

Dr. Ioan Seghedi – seghedi@xxxxxxxxx
Dr. Alexandru Szakacs – szakacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dr. Madalina Carstea - danamadalina@xxxxxxxxx