VOLCANO: Requesting nomination to lead the IAVCEI Commission on Tephra Hazard Modelling

From: afolch <arnau.folch@xxxxxx>
Subject: Requesting nomination to lead the IAVCEI Commission on Tephra Hazard Modelling

Dear Colleagues,

This is a requesting nomination to lead the IAVCEI Commission on Tephra Hazard Modelling. The current Commission leaders have been ruling this Commission since the XXV IUGG General Assembly (Melburne, 2011) and we feel that now it is time to take turns.

Please send your nominations or simply an _expression_ of interest to me (afolch@xxxxxx) or to Raffaelo Cioni (raffaello.cioni@xxxxxxxx) before 31 March 2017 so that we can prepare the elections and the Commission members can vote the candidate(s). Ideally, the new leader(s) should take over before or during the upcoming IAVCEI 2017 Scientific Assembly to be in Portland, Oregon, from the 14th to 18th of August.

Since its creation in 2003, the IAVCEI Commission on Tephra Hazard Modelling has been dealing with issues related to modelling tephra hazards and characterization of deposits.

Kind regards,

Raffaelo Cioni and Arnau Folch