VOLCANO: EGU 2017 session: Mind the gap! Strategies to overcome multi-scale issues in Earth Sciences

From: Maurizio Petrelli <maurizio.petrelli@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: EGU 2017 session: Mind the gap! Strategies to overcome multi-scale issues in Earth Sciences

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to remind you about our session on scaling issues and methodologies in Earth Sciences at the EGU General Assembly in Vienna, 23 – 28 April, 2017: “Mind the Gap! Strategies to overcome multi-scale issues in Earth Sciences” (GM1.2/GMPV6.8/NH3.18/NP10.9/SSS13.2/TS8.10).

Short Abstract: This session collects studies relevant to multi-scale challenges in geological and geomorphical processes. Are they linear or, as usual, non-linear involving fractal or multifractal features? We invite contributions that discuss the challenges (and chances) that arise from combining and interpreting results obtained on different scales, from small to large, from short to long. The emphasis lies on adequate concepts, as well as numerical and analogue techniques and methods used to tackle scaling issues.

Please find more information on the session online:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/24682

We encourage you to submit an abstract before the deadline of 11 January 2017 (13:00 CET).

We hope to see you all in Vienna!

Jan Blöthe (Bonn University, Germany)
Maurizio Petrelli (University of Perugia, Italy)
Sabine Kaushaar (University of Vienna, Austria)
Anouk Beniest (University Pierre et Marie Curie, France)