VOLCANO: GSA Volume on Field Volcanology

From: "Poland, Michael" <mpoland@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: GSA volume on field volcanology

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that GSA has approved our proposal for a special paper on field volcanology.  The volume is motivated by the recent GSA annual meeting session held in honor of Don Swanson's Distinguished Geologic Career award, and it will focus especially on places or themes where Don's contributions have had an especially important impact.  Editors are Vic Camp, Mike Garcia, Anita Grunder, and Mike Poland.  We already have amassed an impressive array of potential submissions, but if you have a paper that you would like to have considered for the volume and you have not already contacted one of the editors, please get in touch with Mike Poland (mpoland@xxxxxxxx) ASAP to have your article idea included in the list of those sent to GSA.

Thanks, and best wishes,
Mike(x2), Anita, and Vic

Michael Poland
Geophysicist