VOLCANO: EGU 2017 session NH9.10/SM10.10: 'Global and continental scale risk assessment for natural hazards: methods and practice'

From: "Duncan, Melanie J." <md@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Call for abstracts: EGU2017 session NH9.10/SM10.10: 'Global and continental scale risk assessment for natural hazards: methods and practice'

The Global Volcano Model network would like to draw your attention to the below session at EGU 2017, which GVM is co-convening.  We encourage all interested to submit an abstract to what should be a very engaging session on global and continental scale risk assessments across different natural hazards.

Hope to see many of you there!

Thanks,

Melanie

Dr Melanie Duncan

Volcanology – Hazards and Risk | Earth Hazards and Observatories

British Geological Survey, The Lyell Centre, Research Avenue South, Edinburgh, EH14 4AP

Tel: +44 (0)131 667 1000 | Direct: +44 (0)131 650 0344 | BGS Volcanology | @BGSVolcanology

globalvolcanomodel.org | @GloVolcanoModel

Dear colleagues,

In 2017, we will once again hold a session on large scale risk assessment at the EGU General Assembly, entitled, ‘Global and continental scale risk assessment for natural hazards: methods and practice’. The EGU General Assembly 2017 takes place in Vienna from 23-28 April 2017. A description of the session can be found at: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/23614, and in the flyer below.

The session will be convened by representatives of the Institute for Environmental Studies (VU University Amsterdam), Deltares, University of Reading, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, and the British Geological Survey.

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract for this session. Abstracts can be submitted by following the link above. The deadline for abstract submission is 11 January 2017. We will keep up our EGU tradition of organizing a dinner in Vienna for all contributors to this session to attend.

We also encourage you to forward this invitation to your colleagues who may be interested.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Vienna.   Please don't hesitate to email if you have questions!

Best regards,

Philip Ward, Hessel Winsemius, James Daniell, Hannah Cloke, and Melanie Duncan