VOLCANO: 2 min reply: Hangout with other VGP students at AGU!

2 min reply: Hangout with other VGP students at AGU!
From: Ben Mandler <bmandler@xxxxxxx>

Hi everyone,

Several of us are planning to organize a student meet-up for the Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology (VGP) section at the AGU Fall Meeting in *2016* (next year). The idea is to have a student-only event that will allow lots of budding researchers to get together to talk about science and everything else. To get this sponsored by VGP, we need to show that there is sufficient interest from the VGP students. We are also considering running an informal get-together this year, though it is too late to get this year’s meeting sponsored.

If you are a student associated with VGP and would be interested in such an event, please fill out the form below.

Thanks, and apologies for cross-postings,

Ben

Hello fellow petrologists, geologists, and geochemists!

Please fill out THIS 2 MINUTE FORM to:

1. get VGP to sponsor a student meet-up for 2016

2. find the best time for people to have a beer together this year

Please forward to other VGP students, especially people who are earlier on in their grad school careers!

Extended version:
A few of us thought it would be a cool idea to meet other grad students in VGP at a students-only event. For this year, it's too late to get official sponsorship, but for next year, VGP might be able to sponsor the event if we show that people would actually be interested in attending an event like this.