VOLCANO: AGU 2015. Quantifying volcanic processes using seismic and acoustic wavefields (7838)

AGU 2015. Quantifying volcanic processes using seismic and acoustic wavefields (7838)
From: Lyons, John <jlyons@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We encourage you to participate in the session "Quantifying volcanic processes using seismic and acoustic wavefields" at the 2015 AGU Fall meeting in San Francisco.

The goal of our session is to highlight advances in the fields of seismology, infrasound, and hydroacoustics that are expanding our quantitative knowledge of eruption processes.

We hope to see you in San Francisco!

Best regards,

Jackie Caplan-Auerbach

Keehoon Kim

John Lyons

Robin Matoza

Session ID#: 7838

Session Description:
Rapid advances in volcano seismology, infrasound, and hydroacoustics are providing quantitative information on volcanic processes acting in subsurface, subaerial, and submarine environments. In recent decades, eruption phenomena have been captured in ever-greater detail at a growing diversity of volcanoes, and novel dataset analyses have offered unprecedented abilities to image volcanic systems and illuminate processes driving volcanic activity. Laboratory and numerical models are more accurately capturing the behavior of volcanic systems, including magmatic and hydrothermal fluid systems, magma degassing, brittle melt failure, solid extrusion, eruption dynamics, and mass wasting processes. In this session, our aim is to highlight recent advances in volcano seismology, acoustics, and hydroacoustics stemming from innovative observations, modeling methods, and signal processing. We encourage submissions that build upon or challenge our current understanding of volcanic processes.

Contributions can be submitted here (http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/

Submission deadline is Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT (03:59 +1 GMT).