VOLCANO: AGU 2015. Infrasound from Ground to Space

AGU 2015. Infrasound from Ground to Space
From: "Bowman, Daniel" <haksaeng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Catherine deGroot-Hedlin, Kyle Jones, Michael Hedlin and I would like to call your attention to our AGU 2015 Special Session

Infrasound from Ground to Space

We look forward to a series of groundbreaking talks and posters on the measurement, modeling, and interpretation of pressure waves in the atmosphere.  Session description follows.

Best,

Daniel Bowman

Infrasound has emerged as an interdisciplinary field, with applications in atmospheric science, hazard monitoring, and characterization of source physics. These advances are being driven by improvements in propagation modeling, improved source location methods, and progress in specifying the 4-D state of the atmosphere, including better characterizations of atmospheric gravity waves. Low-cost sensors enable "large N" array deployments for full waveform resolution, UAV and balloon borne stations capture the three dimensional wave-field of acoustic radiation, non-traditional instrumentation such as fiber optics and air-to-ground coupling to seismometers push beyond the limitations of differential pressure transducers, and remote sensing of acoustic waves impinging on the ionosphere bypasses traditional acoustic networks entirely. Furthermore, large data sets from the Infrasound Monitoring System and USArray serve to enhance our understanding of infrasound on a global scale.  We welcome submissions on all aspects of infrasound, including but not limited to sensors, propagation modeling, and source characterization.