VOLCANO: AGU 2015. Merging left and right brains: at the intersection of creativity and geoscience

AGU 2015. Merging left and right brains: at the intersection of creativity and geoscience
From: "Saskia.Vanmanen" <saskia.vanmanen@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

As part of our fourth year of building and celebrating art/science collaborations we invite you to join us to explore new and exiting frontiers at 'Merging left and right brains: at the intersection of creativity and geoscience’ during this year’s AGU Fall Meeting. Please see below for a detailed session description. As this is an public affairs (PA) session you can submit a first author abstract to this in addition to having up to two abstracts in other sessions*.

Please submit your contributions via the Fall Meeting website (http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/) by Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Saskia van Manen (saskia.vanmanen@xxxxxxxxxx)
Francesca Samsel
Susan Eriksson

Session ID#: 8200

Session Description:
In the current age of wicked problems and big data there is increasing recognition of the role the creative industries can play in geoscience research: no longer confined to simply engaging audiences and contributing to science communication, they are also starting to play a vital role in data analyses. In this interdisciplinary session we invite contributions from geoscientists, those within the creative industries and educators to demonstrate and highlight the potential that can be unlocked by combining scientific approaches with those of other disciplines. We encourage submissions of completed, on-going and beginning projects, to stimulate discussion, shared learning and development. Furthermore, we are keen to receive submissions that focus on how to appropriately measure and demonstrate the impact of these collaborations.
*First Authors can have a maximum of one (1) contributed and one (1) invited abstract, or two (2) invited abstracts. The only exemption to this policy is the submission of one (1) additional contributed abstract to an Education (ED) or Public Affairs (PA) session.