VOLCANO: Invitation to join IAVCEI Commission on the Chemistry of Volcanic Gases

Invitation to join IAVCEI Commission on the Chemistry of Volcanic Gases
From: Taryn Lopez <tarynmlopez@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

The International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth’s Interior (IAVCEI) Commission on the Chemistry of Volcanic Gases (CCVG) is devoted to the promotion of the study of gas emissions from volcanic systems. If your research interests align with our mission, we would like to invite you to join our scientific community.

All CCVG members will have direct access to all the scientific initiatives organized by the commission (e.g. workshops, courses, conference sessions), as well as the opportunity to participate in community discussions and share information, opinions and scientific material via our newsletters, email list serve and new Facebook page (details to follow).

Only official CCVG members registered through the current process will be able to vote for the location of the next workshop in 2017. A call for proposals for workshop sites will be released soon, and detailed information about potential sites will be circulated to members by the end of February 2015. Voting for the next workshop site will take place by the end of March.

To become a CCVG member, membership with IAVCEI is mandatory. At this time, we kindly ask all the CCVG subscribers interested in becoming official CCVG members to confirm, renew, or sign up for IAVCEI membership and obtain your IAVCEI ID number. Once IAVCEI membership has been confirmed, we invite you to become an official CCVG member for the next three years (2015-2017).

To join or renew your CCVG membership, please send a word document with the following information to Franco Tassi (franco.tassi@xxxxxxxx):

Applicant Name

Institution

IAVCEI Identification Number

Postal Address

Country of Residence

Telephone Number

Fax Number

Email Address

A brief description of key research interests (1 sentence)

We look forward to your participation in our scientific community.

Sincerely,

Franco Tassi, Leader

Nicole Bobrowski, Leader

Maarten de Moor, Editor/Web Master