VOLCANO: AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU Joint Assembly 2015. 3D Imaging of Natural and Artificial Earth Materials

AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU Joint Assembly 2015. 3D Imaging of Natural and Artificial Earth Materials
From: Pia Plese <pia.plese1@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,
My co-conveners and I would like to encourage you to submit an abstract for the upcoming AGU-GAC-MAC-CGU Joint Assembly in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), May 2015, under the session “3D Imaging of Natural and Artificial Earth Materials”.

Session description:
The ability to investigate objects in three dimensions at spatial scales down to micrometers is becoming essential to the study of Earth materials, both natural (igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary) and artificial (experimental charges, synthesized materials). With a growing number of facilities and devices becoming available to the scientific community, the number of users is growing, leading to the coupling of existing techniques with other methods and the development of new ones.
Contributions using well established methods of 3D imaging (e.g. X-ray tomography, neutron tomography, serial sectioning) as well as those with emerging or less commonly used methods (e.g. SEM techniques, optical tomography) are welcome and encouraged.
The aim of this session is to provide a forum for the latest research results, to further promote the use of 3D imaging in the study of Earth materials and to facilitate the dialog between new and established users of various 3D imaging techniques.

Conveners:
Pia Pleše, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Département de Sciences Appliqués, Chicoutimi, QC, Canada
Don R Baker, McGill University, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Montreal, QC, Canada
Michael Higgins, Université Quebec a Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi, QC, Canada

Link to session details:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/ja2015/webprogrampreliminary/Session6117.html

Link to the abstract submission main page:
http://ja.agu.org/2015/scientific-program/abstracts/

The deadline is 14 January 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.

I am a PhD student with scientific interests in X-ray tomography of geological samples and experimental charges. My co-conveners and I would welcome your contribution to the session, as well as those of your students and post-docs. If you have any questions regarding the session or the abstract submission process, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you in Montreal,
Pia Pleše
Don R. Baker
Michael D. Higgins