VOLCANO: Fine-grained, pristine ash required

Fine-grained, pristine ash required
From: "HORWELL C.J." <claire.horwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

We are conducting a project which assesses the interaction of volcanic ash and anthropogenic pollutants. We are in need of a very fine-grained basaltic-basaltic andesite ash sample, collected prior to rainfall, and in a non-polluted atmosphere (i.e. not near or over a big city/industrial area). We require at least 150g of ash. Basaltic ash is usually fairly coarse so we require ash from a fairly unusual, explosive eruption (phreatomagmatic interaction is fine).

If you are able to help, I would be very grateful if you could contact me as soon as possible: Claire.horwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes,

Claire Horwell

Dr Claire Horwell

Senior Lecturer

Director of the International Volcanic Health Hazard Network

Co-Director; Institute of Hazard, Risk and Resilience

Department of Earth Sciences

Durham University

Science Labs., South Road,

Durham, DH1 3LE, UK