VOLCANO: Ongoing Earth Science and Environmental Science Lecturer Positions at Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane, Australia)

Ongoing Earth Science and Environmental Science Lecturer Positions at Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane, Australia)
From: Scott Bryan <scott.bryan@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to the following job advertisements. We are currently seeking 2 ongoing (‘tenure-track’) Lecturer (Level B; $AUD84,133 to $AUD99,918 pa) positions within our school. These positions are targeted at Early Career Academics and are part of a larger recruitment program (60 positions) within the university. Please feel free to pass this advertisement to anyone you think may be suitable.

Closing Date for applications is September 16, 2014.

Lecturer in Earth Sciences

We are seeking an academic Level B applicant who has competencies in the Earth Sciences with research and teaching expertise preferably in petrology (metamorphic, sedimentary, or igneous) having relevance to tectonics, resources, marine geology and/or natural hazards. This position will be focused on research and teaching in areas related to petrology and materials characterisation.  The successful individual should have a willingness to collaborate across interdisciplinary boundaries, and interact with staff and students in particular, thereby strengthening Discipline research foci in materials characterisation, marine geology and/or geological hazards. An understanding of the geo-resources sector would be an advantage. The successful candidate is expected to have a strong track record relative to opportunity, of high quality published research, success in obtaining competitive research funding, field-based research, and expertise in some microanalytical techniques (eg, LA-ICP-MS, electron microprobe, CL-SEM, synchrotron).

Lecturer in Environmental Sciences

We are seeking an academic Level B applicant who has competencies across environmental engineering, hydrogeology and land systems, with research and teaching expertise in areas related to land mapping and surface processes, their assessment and monitoring, water flow (drainage systems), conceptual and flow modelling, and spatial information (including GIS) capabilities. The nominee will contribute to a range of tasks in evaluating hydrogeology, groundwater and surface water systems. The nominee will have skills in enquiring into issues related to the interface between development and the natural environment, in environmental engineering, hydrogeological, or ecological research and training.

More information can be found at:

https://qut.nga.net.au/publicfiles/qut/jobs/e8ffc8c4-4ce2-479f-8a8c-a370012179c8/14393%20Lecturer%20%28SEF%29.pdf

The on-line application can be completed at:

https://qut.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.listJobs&jobListid=c5e3d8fc-7cf0-d215-9167-7fb870de7c0d&BrandID=1877e01e-78dd-4ed2-9d7a-9db40135cff4

Thanks very much,

Scott