VOLCANO: Sample of Mazama Ash (Climactic Event)

Sample of Mazama Ash (Climactic Event)
From: Steve Galer <steve.galer82@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Volcano aficionados,

I am a graduate student at Oregon State University and I am currently looking at ash fall deposits in lake sediments in the Seattle area. I plan to analyze glass shard composition with the EMP with Dr. Tepley and see if I can positively identify the thick ash layer in these lakes as climactic Mazama.  I am looking for a standard with which I can compare my samples in addition to published data.  I have a sample of ash from Mitchell, Oregon that I collected during field camp and it was pointed out to me as Mazama Ash, but I can't be absolutely sure.  If anyone has some ash and would be willing to part with a small sample of climactic Mazama ash that I could use for comparison in my analysis,  I would be very grateful.

Thank you all for your time and consideration,

Steve Galer
College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University