VOLCANO: Workshop at EGU 2014: Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment

Workshop at EGU 2014: Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment
From: Henry Odbert <H.Odbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All

Registration is open for a short workshop attached to this year's EGU conference on "Operational Techniques in Volcanic Hazard Assessment". The workshop will include short lectures and demonstrations by experts in the volcanological application of Bayesian Event Trees, Expert Judgment methods, Bayesian Belief Networks and Automated Monitoring Alerts. There will be an emphasis on the practical application of these techniques for operational hazard assessment. Please see linked flyer and registration form.

There are a limited number of 18 funded places, courtesy of EGU, which we'll allocate on a first-come-first-served basis. After that, the registration fee is €100. Early career scientists have priority for funded places until 31st January.

For more information and to register for the OTVHA workshop, please see details and download registration form from http://bet.bo.ingv.it/OTVHA2014/

Finally, for those planning to attend the EGU General Assembly the following week, there is an associated conference session on "Advances in Volcano short-term Hazard/Risk monitoring", and we encourage abstract submissions by the 16 January deadline.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna,

Best wishes

Henry Odbert and Jacopo Selva
OTVHA Workshop Organising Committee
http://bet.bo.ingv.it/OTVHA2014/