VOLCANO: Help: Volcanic Shape files

Help: Volcanic Shape files
From: David Harris <dmwharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

About a year and half ago, I used this mailing list to broaden my research field in the face of volcanic risk and the impact of cultural and religious studies, in the process establishing great connections with people and generating great information on the topic. Some of you may remember the survey that was sent round, but for those that do not, please see the link below if you would like a read.

http://earthquake-report.com/2012/09/27/the-impact-of-cultural-and-religious-influences-during-natural-disasters-volcano-eruptions/#!

Well, today I ask for help once more. Currently I am working with a company called AIR - Worldwide (http://www.air-worldwide.com/Home/AIR-Worldwide/) in which we model natural hazards, such as hurricanes and earthquake and see how they impact property insurance. Recently there has been talk of trying to incorporate, or at least, look into the feasibility, of volcanic risk.

At AIR, we are currently looking to see what information there is out there. Such as, if it would be possible to gain access to GIS shapefiles to which we can then incorporate into various functionalities.

We hope to achieve, via the use of Geospatial analytics, the ability to either reproduce events, or depending on the quality and accessibility of information, use a wide variety of events to put together a catalogue of events footprints and damage ratios for a certain volcano.

If anyone has dealt with, or has any, or knows of anyone that could help with this, I would be very grateful.

We are currently looking at European volcanoes, but the more the merrier.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on dmwharris@xxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,

David