VOLCANO: AGU Fall Meeting 2013 session V049: What can pyroclasts tell us

AGU Fall Meeting 2013 session V049: What can pyroclasts tell us
From: "Andrews, Benjamin" <AndrewsB@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

The deadline for abstract submission for the Fall 2013 American Geophysical Union Meeting is fast approaching (6 August).  We invite you to submit abstracts for session V049: “What Can Pyoclasts Tell Us”

Pyroclasts capture information on unobservable processes that govern volcanic eruptions. Increasingly refined analyses of volcanic deposits combined with sophisticated experiments and models contribute to our comprehension of the processes driving magma decompression, fragmentation and transport. In this session we will explore the forefront of analysis and interpretation of pyroclasts and pyroclastic deposits. We welcome contributions from field and experimental volcanology, monitoring and computational modelling to build dialogue between diverse scientists about how best to decipher eruption mechanisms using pyroclasts.

Invited presentations:

Brittany Brand

Melissa Rotella

Steve Self

Josef Dufek

Conveners:

Ulrich Kueppers

Corrado Cimarelli

Benjamin Andrews

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.  Don’t forget that abstracts are due 6 August.

Cheers,

Ben