VOLCANO: AGU 2013 Fall Meeting - Session V015. "From magmas to ore deposits: Tracking the transition"

AGU 2013 Fall Meeting - Session V015. "From magmas to ore deposits: Tracking the transition"
From: "Mercer, Celestine" <cmercer@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention and invite you to submit abstracts to:

V015. "From magmas to ore deposits: Tracking the transition"

at the next AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, December 9-13.

This session brings together expertise from the fluid and melt inclusion communities to track volatile and ore metal budgets from the depths of magmatic systems up through the magmatic-hydrothermal transition and into the ore zone. Interdisciplinary investigation of this complex realm is vital to understand ore deposition and guide exploration. We seek to advance our understanding of the solubility of volatiles and metals in magmas (basalt-rhyolite) and the partitioning of metals into silicate melts, immiscible fluids, vapors, and minerals as a function of P-T and fO2. Contributions utilizing combined melt and fluid inclusion studies, solubility and partitioning experiments, and modeling of magmatic-hydrothermal processes are encouraged.

Confirmed invited speakers:
Jacob Lowenstern
Nathalie Vigouroux
Adam Simon