VOLCANO: IAVCEI session on halogens

IAVCEI session on halogens
From: Marion Le Voyer <mlevoyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues:

We would like to draw your attention to a halogen session organized for IAVCEI 2013 at Kagoshima, Japan (July  20-24, http://www.iavcei2013.com/index.html). We are hoping to create a session about halogen behaviors during volcanic and magmatic processes, and to attract people who may not be frequent participants of IAVCEI meetings, as well as frequent participants. To be honest, this is our first participation as well. Nevertheless, we think that this IAVCEI meeting can provide a great opportunity to discuss utility of halogens, in the city next to an active volcano (Sakurajima, >1000 eruptions a year), hopefully with some cold -- COH liquids, CO2 supersaturated at ambient condition --.

Lastly, please note that the abstract deadline is January 30 for people in Europe and the US (official deadline is January 31, noon Japanese time;
http://www.iavcei2013.com/abstract_submission/abstract_submission.html).

Sincerely,

Ken Koga, Universite Blaise Pascal - Clermont-Ferrand, France
K.Koga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://wwwobs.univ-bpclermont.fr/lmv/pperm/koga_k/welcome.html

Marion Le Voyer, CIW - Smithonian Inst., USA
mlevoyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dtm.ciw.edu/users/mlevoyer/
http://mineralsciences.si.edu/staff/pages/levoyer.htm

Tatsu Kawamoto, Kyoto University, Japan