VOLCANO: CoV7 Volcanic Seismology session announcement‏

CoV7 Volcanic Seismology session announcement‏
From: "V. Zobin" <vzobin@xxxxxxx>

Dear All,

We would like to draw your attention to the
Session 1.4: Volcanic seismology and its integration with surface observations,
Upcoming "Cities on Volcanoes 7" Conference,
Colima, Mexico, 19-23 November 2012.

We welcome contributions on seismic monitoring and studies of volcanoes, with emphasis on case studies that illustrate the range of activity from precursors to confirmation of eruptions to determining the ends of eruptions. Seismology is at the core of most volcano monitoring efforts. It offers data about underground activity before eruptions, and when properly interpreted, is quite helpful is terms of crisis preparation and response. However, seismic data are specialized and require experience to interpret. We hope the range of papers will cover not only the scientific perspective that seismology has to offer but also improved understanding of the steps that emer¬gency managers can take when certain seismic conditions predominate.

Abstract submission and registration are open with early bird registration closing on 15 July. The final deadline for abstract submission and registration is July 31 2012.
 http://www.citiesonvolcanoes7.com/

Conveners:
Philippe Lesage (Univ. de Savoie, France)
Steve McNutt (Univ. of Alaska, USA)
Carlos Valdez (UNAM, Mexico)
Vyacheslav Zobin (Univ. de Colima, Mexico)

--
Dr. Vyacheslav M. Zobin
Profesor Investigador Titular C