VOLCANO: 'Magmatic crystals' at EMC 2012

'Magmatic crystals' at EMC 2012
From: "Valentin Troll" <Valentin.Troll@xxxxxxxxx>

Session announcement: ‘Magmatic crystals’ at EMC 2012

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to Session 2a: “Magmatic crystals as recorder of pre- and syn-eruptive processes: analysis, modeling and quantification” at the 1st European Mineralogical Conference 2012, held in Frankfurt/Main, Germany from September 2-6, 2012. Your contribution is much appreciated.

Session description:

Magmatic crystals in volcanic rocks are one of the prime sources of information on pre-eruptive processes, and hence for our understanding of eruption trigger mechanisms and magma evolution. Recent advances in the study of single crystals provide us with powerful means to decipher the often complex interplay of sub-volcanic processes by employing methodologies such as thermodynamic modeling, experimental petrology and micro-analytical approaches that allow us to reconstruct the physic-chemical conditions within magmatic systems. This session aims to bring together researches who investigate magmatic crystals through in-situ analyses of major, trace and volatile components, isotopes, and through experiments and numerical modeling to unravel pre- and syn-eruptive magmatic processes, magma chamber conditions, and the evolution of volcanic system as whole.

Convenors:

Andreas Klügel (University of Bremen, Germany), Valentin Troll (Uppsala University, Sweden), Sebastian Wiesmaier (LMU München, Germany)

Conference www: http://emc2012.uni-frankfurt.de

We look forward to seeing you in Frankfurt in September.