VOLCANO: Goldschmidt 2012 call for abstracts - Geothermal Geochemistry

Goldschmidt 2012 call for abstracts - Geothermal Geochemistry
From: Nathalie Vigouroux <nvigouro@xxxxxx>

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session entitled:

Innovative geochemical approaches to understanding geothermal systems

Session 9f, at the 2012 Goldschmidt being held in Montreal, June 24-29.

Geothermal energy, one of Earth’s sustainable and renewal resources, has regained the attention of international governments, industry and researchers in the last decade as the search for alternative energy sources intensifies. The discovery and evaluation of geothermal resources relies in large part on our understanding of their geochemical characteristics at levels ranging from the reservoir and heat source to the surface manifestations. Understanding the evolution of heat and elements within a geothermal system is crucial to correctly interpreting its surface geochemical signatures. We invite authors to present research related to understanding of the geochemical characteristics of geothermal systems. In particular, we encourage presentations that focus on: 1) the interpretation of geochemical signatures as measured at the surface (in gas, water and soil/rock samples), using data collected at depth and/or modelling, and 2) recent advances in the exploration tools used to record and interpret these geochemical signatures.

Co-conveners:
A.E. Williams-Jones (McGill University, Montreal QC), willyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
G. Williams-Jones (Simon Fraser University, Burnaby BC), glynwj@xxxxxx
N. Vigouroux (Alterra Power Corp., Vancouver BC), nvigouroux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please use the following link to submit your abstract by February 1st, 2012: http://www.vmgoldschmidt.org/2012/abstracts.htm

Looking forward to seeing you in Montreal!

N. Vigouroux, A.E. Williams-Jones & G. Williams-Jones

Nathalie Vigouroux, Ph.D
NSERC Industrial R&D Fellow

Alterra Power Corp. (formerly Magma Energy Corp.)
Suite 600-888 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3K4
Office: +1 (604) 669-4999 x 1056
Fax: +1 (604) 682-3727